A look at upcoming meetings and events at the St. Augustine Genealogical Society. Unless otherwise noted, society events are held in the public room at the St. Johns County Southeast Branch Library on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Check-in begins at 12:45 and the meeting starts at 1:00 pm.
Society meetings are free and open to the public. They are held at the Southeast Branch Library located at 6670 US 1 South, St. Augustine, FL 32086.
- October 19, 2019 – Members Presentation or Family History Faire
This is a chance for members to bring their research, family trees and stories, albums or memorabilia, or DNA discoveries and show them off. Members may reserve a full table for their display, half a table or just some space and any other special requirements (like access to an electrical outlet). There will not be a presentation at the meeting. The meeting is a time for everyone to see what other members are doing, ask questions about how or when, and maybe find common research paths or topics. Setup for this meeting will begin at 12:30 pm.
A refreshment table will be available if you wish to bring something to share!
Guests are always welcome.
- November 16, 2019 – Denise Olson – “Research and Honor Your Military Ancestors with Fold3”
- December 14, 2019 – (Date changed to avoid conflict with Christmas). Christmas Party. Location to be determined.
- January 18, 2020 -Jim Vearil – “Spanish Land Grants in Florida”
- February 15, 2020
- March 21, 2020
- April 18, 2020
- May 16, 2020
- June 20, 2020
- July 18, 2020
- August 15, 2020 – No meeting. Summer break.
- Sept 19, 2020
- October 17, 2020 – Family History Faire or Member Presentation
- November 14, 2020 – (Date changed to avoid conflict with Thanksgiving).
- December 19, 2020 – Christmas Party.
- Dec 8, 2018 – Christmas Lunch at Aunt Kate’s at noon. Order from the menu and pay for your own. Door prizes.
- Jan 19, 2019 – Miles Meyer – “Tour of Online European Archives”
- Feb 16, 2019 – Marie Santry – “Who’s Your Daddy: When Original Records Lead You Astray”
- Mar 16, 2019 – Webinar Presentation or Ancestry Road Show (15-min member presentations)
- Apr 27, 2019 – Denise Olson – “Family Search – Where Families Live Forever”
- May 18, 2019 – Lori Smith Miranda – “Let me Weave You a Story – Genealogical Synchronicity & Family Patterns”
- June 15, 2019 – Michael Ports – “First Creek War (1813-1814) and Second Creek War (1836-1837)”
- July 20, 2019 – SAGS Birthday Party. Presentation by Charles Tingley, Senior Research Librarian, the St. Augustine Historical Society Research Library
- Aug – Summer Break NO MEETING
- Sept 21, 2019 – Margaret Nicholson – Mastering the Art of DNA Cousin Identification & Mark Olsen, Family Tree Maker Ambassador – FTM2019
Upcoming Conferences, Hangouts and Webinars
There’s lots of genealogical goodness out there just waiting for you. If you are interested in conferences, you’ll find Conference Keeper a delightful resource. Look over in the right sidebar and you’ll see a list of upcoming events from the Conference Keeper Twitter feed. At the bottom of the widget is a link that will take you to their Twitter page to view more events.
DearMYRTLE maintains a comprehensive calendar for webinars, hangouts and other online genealogy events. You’ll find the online calendar at GeneaWebinars including information on what you need to participate and how to get connected.