A look at upcoming meetings and events at the St. Augustine Genealogical Society. Unless otherwise noted, society events are held in the public room at the St. Johns County Southeast Branch Library. Meetings have moved back to the 1:00 pm time slot and are now held on the third Saturday instead of the second. Check-in begins at 12:45.
Society meetings are free and open to the public. They are held at the Southeast Branch Library located at 6670 US 1 South, St. Augustine, FL 32086.
- Dec 8, 2018 – Christmas Lunch at Aunt Kate’s at noon. Order from the menu and pay for your own. Door prizes.
- Jan 19, 2019 – Miles Meyer – “Tour of Online European Archives”
- Feb 16, 2019 – Marie Santry – “Who’s Your Daddy: When Original Records Lead You Astray”
- Mar 16, 2019 – Webinar Presentation or Ancestry Road Show (15-min member presentations)
- Apr 27, 2019 – Denise Olson – “Family Search – Where Families Live Forever”
- May 18, 2019 – Lori Smith Miranda – “Let me Weave You a Story – Genealogical Synchronicity & Family Patterns”
- June 15, 2019 – Michael Ports – “First Creek War (1813-1814) and Second Creek War (1836-1837)”
- July 20, 2019 – SAGS Birthday Party. Presentation by Charles Tingley, Senior Research Librarian, the St. Augustine Historical Society Research Library
- Aug – Summer Break NO MEETING
- Sept 21, 2019 –
- Oct 19, 2019 – Members Presentation or Family History Faire
- Nov 16, 2019
- Dec 21, 2019 – Christmas Party (may move to Dec 14)
Upcoming Conferences, Hangouts and Webinars
There’s lots of genealogical goodness out there just waiting for you. If you are interested in conferences, you’ll find Conference Keeper a delightful resource. Look over in the right sidebar and you’ll see a list of upcoming events from the Conference Keeper Twitter feed. At the bottom of the widget is a link that will take you to their Twitter page to view more events.
DearMYRTLE maintains a comprehensive calendar for webinars, hangouts and other online genealogy events. You’ll find the online calendar at GeneaWebinars including information on what you need to participate and how to get connected.