A look at upcoming meetings and events at the St. Augustine Genealogical Society. Unless otherwise noted, society events are held in the public room at the St. Johns County Southeast Branch Library on the 3rd Saturday of the month (unless noted below).
They are held at the Southeast Branch Library located at 6670 US 1 South, St. Augustine, FL 32086. Check-in begins at 12:45 and the meeting starts at 1:00 pm.
2021 General Meetings
No meetings are currently scheduled for 2021. Meeting rooms at the Library remain closed. The Executive Committee is working to schedule webinars with the goal of scheduling them for the 3rd Saturday of the month at 1:00pm. This is the same schedule as our General Meetings. As more information is available, members will be updated. Society meetings are free and open to the public.
- January 23, 2021 – J Mark Lowe, CG, FUGA – “Making Those Early Census Records Talk”. Recorded webinar.
- April 24, 2021 – Jeanne Bloom – “Give Me Your Huddled Masses Yearning to Breathe Free: Immigration and Naturalization”. A recorded webinar. An email with a link to registration was sent to all members on April 6.
- May 22, 2021 – Gena Philibert-Ortega – “The Anatomy of BMD: What You Don’t Know About Vital Records”. A recorded webinar.
- January 18, 2020 – Jim Vearil – “Spanish Land Grants in Florida”
- February 8, 2020 – David McFee – How to Organize and Digitize Your Family Archive of Photos, Film, Slides, Tapes and Documents”. (Date changed to avoid conflict with primary voting.)
- March 21, 2020 – CANCELLED. Library closed as part of the COVID-29 closures. Peter Mullen – “History of the 1918-1920 Spanish Flu Pandemic”.
- April 18, 2020 – CANCELLED. Library closed as part of the COVID-19 closures. Denise Olson – “Digital Disaster Planning”.
- May 16, 2020 – CANCELLED. Library closed as part of the COVID-19 closures. Clyde and Kathy Stickney – “Finding More About Your Ancestors Thru Newspapers”.
- June 20, 2020 – CANCELLED. Library meeting rooms remain closed. Miles Meyer – “Family History Guide”
- July 18, 2020 – CANCELLED. Library meeting rooms remain closed. SAGS 31st Birthday Celebration
- August 15, 2020 – No meeting. Summer break.
- September 26, 2020 – NEW DATE. C. Ann Staley – FamilySearch Website Demystified (webinar).
- October 10, 2020 – CANCELLED. Library meeting rooms remain closed. Family History Faire or Member Presentation (Date changed to avoid conflict with Library calendar.)
- November 14, 2020 – CANCELLED. Library meeting rooms remain closed. (Date changed to avoid conflict with Thanksgiving).
- December 19, 2020 – CANCELLED. Christmas Party.
- Jan 19, 2019 – Miles Meyer – “Tour of Online European Archives”
- Feb 16, 2019 – Marie Santry – “Who’s Your Daddy: When Original Records Lead You Astray”
- Mar 16, 2019 – Webinar Presentation or Ancestry Road Show (15-min member presentations)
- Apr 27, 2019 – Denise Olson – “Family Search – Where Families Live Forever”
- May 18, 2019 – Lori Smith Miranda – “Let me Weave You a Story – Genealogical Synchronicity & Family Patterns”
- June 15, 2019 – Michael Ports – “First Creek War (1813-1814) and Second Creek War (1836-1837)”
- July 20, 2019 – SAGS Birthday Party. Presentation by Charles Tingley, Senior Research Librarian, the St. Augustine Historical Society Research Library
- Aug – Summer Break NO MEETING
- Sept 21, 2019 – Margaret Nicholson – Mastering the Art of DNA Cousin Identification & Mark Olsen, Family Tree Maker Ambassador – FTM2019
- Oct 19, 2019 – Family History Faire
- November 16, 2019 – Denise Olson – “Research and Honor Your Military Ancestors with Fold3”
- December 14, 2019 – (2nd Saturday) Christmas Lunch. We will meet at Beaches at Vilano at 11:30 am. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are coming! Happy Holidays!
Upcoming Conferences, Hangouts and Webinars
There’s lots of genealogical goodness out there just waiting for you. If you are interested in conferences, you’ll find Conference Keeper a delightful resource. Look over in the right sidebar and you’ll see a list of upcoming events from the Conference Keeper Twitter feed. At the bottom of the widget is a link that will take you to their Twitter page to view more events.
DearMYRTLE maintains a comprehensive calendar for webinars, hangouts and other online genealogy events. You’ll find the online calendar at GeneaWebinars including information on what you need to participate and how to get connected.