A look at upcoming meetings and events at the St. Augustine Genealogical Society. Unless otherwise noted, society events are held in the public room at the St. Johns County Southeast Branch Library. Meetings have moved back to the 1:00pm time slot and are now held on the third Saturday instead of the second. Check-in begins at 12:45.
Society meetings are free and open to the public. They are held at the Southeast Branch Library located at 6670 US 1 South, St. Augustine, FL 32086.
- Jan 20 – Paul Howes – “One-Name Study” Presentation
- Feb 17 – Connie Bradshaw – “Genetic Genealogy” Simplify the Mystery of Autosomal DNA Testing
- Mar 17 – Denise Olson – “What’s Your Digital Disaster Plan”
- Apr 21 – Michael Ports – “Robert Franklin Thomas: A case Study in Climbing Over Southern Brick Walls
- May 19 – Ginny Barrs – Organizing a State-by-State, County-by-County Genealogy search of Courthouses, Libraries, Cemeteries & Archives
- June 16 – Jack Butler – DNA 103: More Questions & answers
- July 21 – SAGS Birthday Party “Tribute to Member Sue Gill” – English Tea
- Aug 18 – Summer Break NO MEETING
- Sept 15 – Margaret Nicholson, PH-D – “A Personal Case Study of How DNA Can Help to Find One’s Roots
- Oct 13 – Family History Faire
- Nov 17 – Connie Bradshaw DNA
- Dec 15 – Christmas Party
Upcoming Conferences, Hangouts and Webinars
There’s lots of genealogical goodness out there just waiting for you. If you are interested in conferences, you’ll find Conference Keeper a delightful resource. Look over in the right sidebar and you’ll see a list of upcoming events from the Conference Keeper Twitter feed. At the bottom of the widget is a link that will take you to their Twitter page to view more events.
DearMYRTLE maintains a comprehensive calendar for webinars, hangouts and other online genealogy events. You’ll find the online calendar at GeneaWebinars including information on what you need to participate and how to get connected.